“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, Second Harvest WI account number, location, data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on every page of our Site.
The Information We Collect:
We will request only the information we need to provide the highest level of service to you. On some pages of the Site, you can order products, make requests, enter sweepstakes, and register to receive materials. The types of Personal Data collected at these pages include:
Personal Data that you give us:
- Phone number
- Company Information
- Email address
- Credit/Debit Card Information
Personal Data we collect from you:
- Purchase information
- Payments due
- Second Harvest WI Certificiations information
- Disciplinary information
Our Site logs IP addresses and browser types for the purposes of system administration and user functionality. These logs will be analyzed to improve the value of the materials available on our website. User sessions and user browsing behaviors may be tracked. We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website. We also may collect browser type, device type (such as desktop, laptop, table, phone, etc.), operating system and local time zone. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
How We Use Personal Data:
We will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where:
- you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time,
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party,
- we are required by law,
- processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
We may use Personal Data you give us for the following purposes:
- We use the information you provide about yourself or someone else when placing an order or making a request only to the extent necessary to complete that order or request;
- To carry out our obligations arising from your certification;
- To provide our Certified eNewsletter, provided you have given your consent;
- To respond to your questions and provide related certification services such as renewal notices; and
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and the device you are viewing it on.
We may use Personal Data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and the device you are viewing it on;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, and;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
When we share and who can access your Personal Data
- employees of Second Harvest WI,
- partners, suppliers and sub-contractors,
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site,
- credit processing and credit reference agencies, and,
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You do not have to accept our cookies and can block them by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse some or all cookies. You may also delete them after they have been placed on your hard drive. If you do not accept our cookies, or delete them, some areas of the Site that you access may take more time to work or may not work at all.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Analytical/performance cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Targeting cookies
- Third party cookies
“Do not track” signals
We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. As such, your navigation of our Site may be tracked as part of gathering of quantitative user information described above. If you arrive to our Site from a link from a third party site that does respond to “do not track” requests, that will end once you reach our site.
Rules for Submissions and Messages
Responsibility for what is posted in the discussion groups or other public forums lies with each user–you alone are responsible for the content of your messages, and the consequences of any such messages. We cannot and do not review every submission a user may make. We neither endorse nor guarantee the accuracy or propriety of any submission. We do, however, reserve the right but do not assume the obligation to delete submissions and restrict or prohibit your use of our sites for legal or other reasons.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password secret. Never give your password to anyone, even someone claiming to be an Second Harvest WI employee.
Second Harvest WI may link to other web sites. These sites may collect user information or solicit personal information. Since we do not control these sites we are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content of such sites.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13. If we learn that Personal Data of persons less than 13 years old has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
How To Access Or Correct Your Information
You may access or correct your Personal Data that we maintain by contacting our customer service department at [email protected] or by visiting the Second Harvest WI store and clicking on My Account. To better protect your privacy and security, your email address must match the email address used to establish your account. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. If you have any questions you may contact our customer service by phone at +1-347-743-1509.
How To Contact Us